Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns
Goren Naeris, Rogue (7)
Wood Elf Male Rogue (Criminal) Level 7
Your Character Profile…
In order to get to know you better, and so that I can incorporate some of your PCs info (maybe) into future scenarios please fill in the questionnaire as completely as you can. Please do not agonise over the answers, if you really don’t care for a question then just say so or else move on, likewise don’t write pages, keep it concise. In short answer the things that are important to you and for me to know, leave the stuff that offends or makes no difference to you or your PC.
I have created an example for you to have a read of, this is for a Human Male Fighter, Folk Hero, from Neverwinter, just delete out my answers and replace them with your own.
Part 1: The Basics
1.What is your full name? Your nickname? Do you have any other aliases?
Full name: Goren Naeris.
I’ve had a lot of names
2.Where and when (the campaign date) were you born?
3.Who are/were your parents? (their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
4.Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
I have a brother and a sister, both older. My brother always made fun of me, my sister was very close to me.
5.Where did you live previously, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
I lived in the Neverwinter woods with my kin.
6.What was your previous occupation?
I was a thief.
7.Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye colour, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
8.To which social class do you belong?
Medium. I’m good living.
9.Do you have any allergies, diseases or other physical weaknesses?
None that I know of.
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
11. What does your voice sound like?
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
13. What do you always have in your pockets?
My pair of lucky obsidian balls
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
I had nothing to complain about. I was an adventurous kid. My parents gave me a solid background.
16. What is your earliest memory?
17. How much schooling have you had?
I can read and write, I know the surrounding land, and some history. I’m not a sage, but I can defend my views if necessary.
18. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Among “The Lowflags”. This was a mercenary organization I was part of. It consisted of figures with expertise in certain shady businesses. Recon operations, spying, thieving and assassination.
19. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
20. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
I love my family to this day. I even came to terms with how Derek, my brother treated me back then. I figure he was jealous because as the youngest of three children I got the most attention.
21. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
Yes, I had quite a few friends among my kin.
Part 3: Past Influences
22. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Leaving my kin and moving to Neverwinter
23. Who has had the most influence on you?
My parents. I am thankful to them for the upbringing I’ve received.
24. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Finding my trade, finding something I am really good at.
25. What is your greatest regret?
26. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Dealing pain and suffering in exchange for money. I know it’s not the right thing to do, but I’m good at it.
27. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
Well, if someone has a record of me, then it could be a pretty long list of bad things I’ve done. I would be interested in retrieving a file/record of my actions in Neverwinter.
28. When was the time you were the most frightened?
29. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
30. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
31. What is your greatest fear?
Being buried alive
32. What are your religious views?
There are no gods.
33. What are your political views?
Every man is equal. Make your own fortune. Abolish governments.
34. How do you feel about killing? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
1.) I will always defend myself.
2.) If I feel that it’s necessary I will come to other people’s defense
3.) I can silence people if the price is right.
35. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
36. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Coming to terms with yourself.
37. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
38. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
My family and myself
Part 5: Relationships With Others
39. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I am polite and interested, I like good conversations. I’m trying to be friendly from the start.
40. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
41. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
42. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
43. How close are you to your family?
I rarely visit them, but I love them for supporting me in my decision to move on. However, only my sister Nora knows what I do for a living. My parents would be broken hearted.
44. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
45. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
Maybe I would try to find Jeb, my mentor in the Lowflags.
46. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
47. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
My sister, Nora.
48. Who, or what, is the person or thing you despise the most, and why?
49. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I make myself heard if I have a point.
50. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
51. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
52. Do you care what others think of you?
Not at all.
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
53. What is/are your favourite hobbies and pastimes?
Reading, swimming, mapping settlements.
54. What is your most treasured possession?
My two obsidian balls.
55. What is your favourite colour?
Black. Would you have guessed?
56. What is your favourite food?
57. What, if anything, do you like to read?
Tales from the sea, and tales of other lands.
58. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, art, etc.)?
I like music, and theater plays
59. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
I smoke tobacco occasionally. I have a pipe with ornate wood carvings on the sides.
60. What makes you laugh?
I laugh uncontrollably when other people fail. I can’t fight it.
61. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
62. How do you deal with stress?
63. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
64. What are your pet peeves?
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
65. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
66. What is your greatest strength as a person?
Independence. Not afraid of loneliness.
67. What is your greatest weakness?
A kind of inability to make long lasting relationships with people
68. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
69. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
70. Are you generally organized or messy?
*71. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
72. Do you like yourself?
I do. I’m on good terms with myself.
73. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
74. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
No such goals. I go with the flow, and see where the sea washes me up.
75. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
(see previous question)
76. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
Never thought of that.
77. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
78. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
79. What three words best describe your personality?
*80. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Shady, Handsome, Confident