Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns
Grimm, Paladin of Tymora (7)
Human (Variant) Male Paladin of Tymora (Sailor) Level 7
Your Character Profile…
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name? Your nickname? Do you have any other aliases?
Grimm the Justice Gundarson
2. Where and when (the campaign date) were you born?
Mirabar, craftsmen district; 1464.
We’re using the FR calendar and the present year is 1483.
3. Who are/were your parents? (their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Dad- Remor, scrimshaw craftsmen, ex royalty bodyguard-when he got me, he decided to stop with the dangerous line of work
Mum- Breena, florist with mild temper and very beautiful ( that is where I get my looks )
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
Sister, but lost her to tuberculosis when she was 4 years old.. my mom never got over that
5. Where did you live previously, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
Mom and Dad until I was 16, nice and lean house, nothing special but adequate
6. What was your previous occupation?
Started helping my dad with his work when I was 9, got bored when I was 13. Finished my education until 16 and then went to work as a sailor on my uncles boat
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
Blond hair, and blue eyes. Soft and boyish looks. Probably would be a object of ridicule among the hardy un-kept sailor men. The fact that he is 192cm tall and has about 110 kg of cord-like muscles kept him from being teased. On the other hand, he never had to work for female attention. Whenever he walks in the crowded area, he can sense girls staring at him..
8. To which social class do you belong?
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases or other physical weaknesses?
Picture of health, except the fact that I am borderline alcoholic
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
11. What does your voice sound like?
Merry and full of life. I can get easily excited and it shows in my voice
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
I sometimes state the obvious, just to make sure that the rest of the people around me pay attention to the current task at hand
13. What do you always have in your pockets?
Money, small knife for carving, handkerchief
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I am sucker for friendly bets. I hate to loose so when that happens I blame Tymora and can be pissed of for a long period of time. I generally try to avoid drinking since it takes a monumental amount of self control to stop when I taste the sweet, sweet nectar of the gods. ( more often than not, I fail)
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
I had normal childhood, did what was asked of me, and had freedom to do what I wanted until year 9. After that I was introduced to my fathers scrimshaw business and I hated it. I loved the part about my father talking about his bodyguard work. At age 13 i went to work at my uncles ship and I meet few adventures on our travels and decided that should be my line of work…
16. What is your earliest memory?
Trip to Luskan and my father taking me to the fair of exotic animals there
17. How much schooling have you had?
4 years with local priest school ( general preparation, not a lot of religion was involved)
18. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
Fighting skills I learned from my father, other children and sailors. Social skills I learned from my mother. My father thought me a little about nobility so I could hold my ground in the presence of a noble
19. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
Until I was 13 I thought that my parents are the best people in the world.. Now that I am 19, I know they are…
20. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
When Gwen was alive I loved to play with her but I was more interested in playing with the other boys… When we lost her, my parents shut down, and it was some time before we were family again.
21. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
I was a good kid so a lot of parents of other children liked me. Women always wanted to touch my cheeks, hair and kiss me. I had lots of friends but got little distant when I went to become a sailor
Part 3: Past Influences
22. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Meeting a mysterious gorgeus woman in Caer Calidyrr. I saw her entering the castle with an entourage. Her face was covered but her eyes… I could see her eyes and she locked them with mine. I was dirty and miserable from the trip but when I saw her I knew that I had to become something more… someone that will change the face of the sword coast for the better. For those eyes, being a sailor is not enough. I vowed to return when I feel worthy
23. Who has had the most influence on you?
Grandfather… I didn`t realise it until now, but his stories of Phandalin, legends and heroes of old, have set me to the path of adventuring.
24. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Held the mast of my uncles ship in the middle of the storm when it was almost broken in two form the wind and lightning. I held it long enough that other sailors were able to repair it just enough so we could fight trough the storm. After that, a lot of sailors kept saying to me that I saved everyone on that boat.
25. What is your greatest regret?
Not spending more time with my sister and not finding out the name of the love of my life
26. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Killing all the redbrand bandits, even tho some of them didn`t probably deserve it
27. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
Not that I know of. I did wake up incarcerated on couple of occasions but that was from being piss drunk
28. When was the time you were the most frightened?
Storm, where I helped with the mast
29. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
I would play some instrument, cause it is cool as hell
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
30. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
31. What is your greatest fear?
That I will fail as a adventurer and I will not have confidence to win the hand of my love
32. What are your religious views?
Not very religious. I dig the Tymora vibe, I decided to be her follower since Tymora`s dogma is aligned with mine and the fact that one of her priests tough me about pleasures of the flesh, I figured I return the favor
33. What are your political views?
When I find one politician that is genuine in helping others, I will stand by him/her…
34. How do you feel about killing? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
I have no problem murdering the ones that deserved it. I will not flinch, my hand will not falter. Killing women and children is unacceptable. Also, mercy is only awarded to those that repent and their sins are not ultimate
35. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Strike a deal with evil entity of free will, act as a agent of evil in any way…
36. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Finding a common problem for a lot of people and solving it. If you get rich and powerful in the process so be it.
37. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Just toward anyone that displays inhuman traits in his behavior/actions/thinking
38. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Never tough about it. I am putting my life on the line every day but I trust my crew to handle everything that comes our way. I would go to the extremes for greater good, but I am not sure ( apart for my family ) that I would give my life for
Part 5: Relationships With Others
39. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I am open and honest with everyone I meet. My great looks help me a lot to get close to people. If I find out that there is touch of evil in individuals I become distant and reserved. If I witness evildoing, I act without hesitation
40. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Myself, family, my party, mysterious girl from Caer Callidyrr
41. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
42. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
Did that earlier
43. How close are you to your family?
I am close, but for the past 3 years, as a sailor I seldom had time to see them. Now as an adventurer, I guess it will be even less
44. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
Nope. To young to think about that. I like the taverns and nightlife to much…
45. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
46. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
I trust my party to watch my back, but in truth I feel like I am the one that has to worry about them even Zyler
47. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
I guess a lot of people. I make friends easily and I am generally well liked… but I would be quickly forgoten by anyone except my family
48. Who, or what, is the person or thing you despise the most, and why?
Evil doers in general, the badder they get the bloodier they are going to die
49. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Depends what the argument is about :-)
50. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
It comes naturally to me… but sometimes I let others speak first just to mix things up a little
51. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
I like big crowds in taverns, but talking to large groups of people is not my thing.
52. Do you care what others think of you?
I do good and feel good doing it. Rest of the people can see and sense that. I am confident that only nice things are said about me ( well, couple of girls might say differently, but that is life… )
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
53. What is/are your favourite hobbies and pastimes?
Drinking and placing wagers with my friends
54. What is your most treasured possession?
My perfect memory of the mysterious girl.
55. What is your favourite colour?
56. What is your favourite food?
Honey glazed chicken
57. What, if anything, do you like to read?
I’ve read a few adventure books, but mostly when I was younger.
58. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, art, etc.)?
Drinks, girls, taphouses, plenty of sailor songs
59. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
I am struggling with alcohol. I don`t want to quit, but I would appreciate someone finding a way to eradicate hangover and find a potion of `return memories from last night`
60. What makes you laugh?
Jokes, combat and Zyler talking to girls… or Zyler talking.period.
61. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
I am not easily offended or shocked
62. How do you deal with stress?
Drinking, eating, sex, fighting, basic stuff actually
63. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I can follow a plan but I tend not to make them.
64. What are your pet peeves?
Part 7: Self Image etc.
65. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
Wake up ( hopefully not with a hangover), having breakfast, discussing with my party what is the agenda for today and doing it. I have a regular pray to Tymora and I find a way to exercise. I like my routine disrupted, that means that something interesting is happening
66. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I care about people, about doing greater good.
67. What is your greatest weakness?
Sometimes I lose patience and do shit without thinking
68. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
More patience, less drinking
69. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
70. Are you generally organized or messy?
Not messy, and not quite organized….somewhere in the middle I would say
71. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Good- fighting, flirting, fu***ng
Bad- singing, dancing,patience
72. Do you like yourself?
Of course, stupid question.
73. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
Leave my mark in the world, get fame and money, get the girl, settle down
74. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
Get rich or die trying
75. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Having bards singing songs about me and my accomplishments
76. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I would like to die from old age, but if that is not in the books… then I would like to die while taking something evil with me to the grave
77. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
If I can get to my parents I would say goodbye to them. If not, I would donate everything that I have to church and write a long letter about my life to my parents
78. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
That I made a difference
79. What three words best describe your personality?
Outgoing, tough and, kind.
80. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Impatient, fearless, determined.